On the fence about the twoplus Fertility Sperm Guide? Here’s your in-depth guide on how it works and why it might be the best conception aid for you when trying for a child.
Getting pregnant is not always as easy as it sounds, especially when many of us lead a fast-paced and stressful lifestyle. To worsen the issue, the male population is struggling with a dramatically declining sperm count.
According to a 2021 article published by The Guardian, the average sperm count produced by men has halved in the last 40 years. As you can imagine, this can make the entire conception process more challenging than it already is.
While medical help is readily available, it can be a daunting and costly endeavour to seek help from a fertility specialist. That’s where at-home conception aids like the twoplus Sperm Guide come in handy.
Ahead, we share what the Sperm Guide looks like and how it works to help boost your chances of conception when trying to get pregnant.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is not intended as medical advice.
All About the twoplus Fertility Sperm Guide
For those new to the twoplus Sperm Guide, think of it as an easy-to-use medical device to keep sperm in hence boosting your chances of conception when trying to get pregnant.
How the twoplus Sperm Guide Looks Like
At first glance, the Sperm Guide looks like a sophisticated funnel. You know, the kind you find in the kitchen that’s used to transfer liquid from one bottle to another.
Some even liken it to a tampon — at 10 centimetres in length (about the human palm size), we get the resemblance. On closer inspection, you will realise there’s more to it than meets the eye.
The anatomy of the Sperm Guide:
- Surface: The Sperm Guide has grooves on its inner surface to ‘guide’ sperm toward the uterus.
- Flap: Soft and malleable without any sharp edges, this at-home conception aid is comfortable to insert and allows for seamless penetration without being in the way. When the penis withdraws after ejaculation, the Sperm Guide automatically flips up to form a ‘cup’ that minimises semen leakage from the vaginal tract post-sex.
- Arc: This slight bend of the Sperm Guide allows semen to sit closer to the cervix, helping them get to where they need to be with half the effort!
- Tail: The tail allows easy insertion before sex and effortless removal one hour after intercourse.
As you can see, the twoplus Sperm Guide is a one-size-fits-all medical device meant to fit individuals of all shapes and sizes who are trying to conceive (TTC). After all, only a portion of the Sperm Guide will be inserted into the vagina — roughly 6 cm in length. The tail remains outside of the body throughout intercourse.
Designed by a panel of fertility experts and made with medical-grade silicone, its usage is straightforward (we’ll cover the step-by-step guide in the next section). Best of all, it requires no medical prescription or assistance and is safe to be used on the human body.
That’s not all the Sperm Guide does, though.
How the twoplus Sperm Guide Works
As the vaginal tract is highly acidic and toxic to the semen, most sperm do not survive the arduous journey towards the eggs in the ovaries. But you may be able to achieve a different ending with the Sperm Guide.
This conception aid helps to act as a barrier between the acidic vaginal tract and your semen so that sperm is protected. This way, more sperm make it through the cervix and into the uterus, increasing your chances of conception.
How the Sperm Guide works:
- It bypasses the naturally acidic environment of the lower vaginal tract to provide a safe haven for your sperm. Research explains that slightly alkaline surroundings may promote sperm motility (how efficiently the sperm moves towards the egg).
- It retains semen closer to the cervix, which is conducive to the survival of your sperm. Simply put, your odds of success when trying to conceive just got a major boost.
- It minimises leakage post-sex, so more semen is deposited as close to the cervix as possible. As you would know, the more sperm that reach the egg, the higher your chances of getting pregnant.
How Do I Use the twoplus Sperm Guide?
If you’ve ever wondered, “How to use a sperm guide?” or “How does a sperm guide work?”, this section is for you.
Ahead, we share six easy steps on how to use the twoplus Sperm Guide correctly for maximum effectiveness:
- Lubricate the vaginal opening with the sperm-friendly Conceive Plus Fertility lubricant.
- Pinch in the flaps of the Sperm Guide to form a ‘V’ shape for smoother vaginal insertion.
- Get your partner to insert the Sperm Guide while lying on your back. You should feel its presence inside your vagina, but without discomfort (akin to wearing a tampon).
- Ensure that the penis glides over the Sperm Guide’s flap when having sex.
- Once intercourse is over, remember to keep the Sperm Guide in for up to an hour. Don’t worry; you don’t have to lie on your back after the deed. In fact, you’re free to go about your day with the Sperm Guide in you.
- After an hour, remove the Sperm Guide by gently pulling on the tail.
Thinking about what the Conceive Plus Fertility lubricant is used for? Simple — it further smooths the way for the Sperm Guide into the vagina. The lubricant can also be used when removing the conception aid if you need a little help.
How To Prevent the Backflow of Sperm With the twoplus Sperm Guide
Once you’ve inserted the Sperm Guide before intercourse, its flap will automatically bounce back when the penis is removed from the vagina after ejaculation.
This forms a makeshift ‘cup’ to stop the backflow of semen out of the vaginal tract. Instead of escaping from the vagina, most of the sperm are now retained as close to the cervix as possible, which is the most ideal place for people TTC.
What Else You Need To Know About the twoplus Sperm Guide
Besides keeping most of your sperm where you want them to be (read: as close to the cervix as possible), there are a few winning features of the twoplus Sperm Guide that you need to know about.
The Perfect Size for All
At roughly 10 centimetres long, the twoplus Fertility Sperm Guide is perfectly engineered for comfort and function when trying to conceive. It can be removed easily and will never be out of your reach, even if it slides inwards during sex.
In fact, countless twoplus Sperm Guide reviews by our customers proved that this conception aid stays inside comfortably and securely during and after sex. Moreover, many couples have reported increased levels of pleasure when using the Sperm Guide! (*winks*)
The Sperm Guide is discreetly packaged and delivered to your doorstep within two business days (shipping is free!). In the box, you will receive the following:
- The twoplus Sperm Guide
- A tube of sperm-friendly Conceive Plus Fertility lubricant
- Detailed instructions on how to get the most out of your Sperm Guide
Time It for Ovulation
The best time to use the twoplus Sperm Guide nightly is during your fertile window (only 5-6 days!). Not sure whether you’re ovulating or not? Use the twoplus Ovulation Test Kit to find out the answer.
Due to hygiene and efficacy reasons, the Sperm Guide should only be reused up to four times for any length of time. To help maximise your odds of conception, use the Sperm Guide during your fertile window (5-6 days only!). If you think you’ll use it more frequently, choose the 3-pack Sperm Guide to cover your bases.
Is the Sperm Guide Right for Me?
The Sperm Guide is incredibly helpful for couples who have been trying to conceive but have not been successful. It’s also beneficial for those who’ve just started trying for a child and want to speed up the process.
Having said that, if you’re under 35 years old and have been trying for more than a year, or above 35 and trying for more than six months, there might be an underlying reason why you still have not conceived. In such cases, it’s best to seek professional medical advice from a licensed healthcare provider.
For those who want to try the Sperm Guide, rest assured that it’s designed to be comfortable and convenient for the modern lifestyle. This at-home conception aid isn’t like other fertility devices that require awkward leg raises for a prolonged period post-sex. With the twoplus Sperm Guide, you can go about your daily life after intercourse and even attend your 4 p.m. Zoom meeting while wearing it (don’t worry, no one will be able to tell!).
Have you recently gotten pregnant with twoplus' products? If so, we would love to hear from you! Drop us a line via this form to share your story with the twoplus team and spread hope among the TTC community. Bonus: You'll be rewarded for your efforts!
Are you taking too long to conceive? Check out our Getting Pregnant 101 Guide for must-know TTC tips below & above 35 years old.